Flood advisory issued for Collier County
MARCO ISLAND, Fla. A flood advisory was issued Friday afternoon for Collier County, according to the National Weather Service of Miami.
The advisory was issued at 5:20 p.m. and was in effect until 8:15 p.m., the weather service said.
— NWS Miami (@NWSMiami) September 29, 2017
Several Marco Island roads were flooded Friday afternoon due to heavy rain, the Marco Island Police Department said.
The following roads are experience flooding, police said on Twitter:
- Bald Eagle Drive near the 7-Eleven
- San Marco Road and Barfield Drive
- Bald Eagle Drive and Collier Boulevard
- Northbound lanes of Collier Boulevard at Yellowbird Street
#marcoisland currently experiencing roadflooding: Bald Eagle @ 711, San Marco & Barfield, Bald Eagle & Collier, Collier NB @ Yellowbird RT
— Marco Island PD (@MarcoIslandPD) September 29, 2017
Other roads in Collier County were flooded too, the Collier County Sheriff’s Office said on their Facebook page. Drivers were advised to avoid the following areas:
- Airport-Pulling southbound from 41 to Davis Boulevard.
- Rattlesnake Hammock Road and Hawaii Boulevard.
- Livingston southbound at Veterans Memorial Parkway.
- Warren St & St Andrews Blvd (2-3 feet of water).
- Pebble Beach Blvd & Big Springs.
- Duchess Dr & Boca Ciega.
The rains tonight have already caused some significant flooding in Collier County. We recommend that you avoid heading…