FORT MYERS, Fla. There are 17,550 customers without power Thursday afternoon in parts of Southwest Florida.
There are 10,310 Florida Power and Light customers without power. Here are the FPL outage numbers as of 6 p.m., separated by each Southwest Florida county:
- Charlotte County: 0 (0 percent of customers)
- Collier County: 4,070 (2 percent of customers)
- DeSoto County: 0 (0 percent of customers)
- Glades County: 80 (2 percent of customers)
- Hendry County: 60 (1 percent of customers)
- Highlands County: 0 (0 percent of customers)
- Lee County: 3,440 (1 percent of customers)
— Florida SERT (@FLSERT) September 21, 2017
Power has been restored to 204,800 Lee County Electrical Cooperative customers, but 9,900 remain in the dark, according to LCEC’s 6 p.m. update.
Most customers in harder hit areas can expect restoration by Friday evening, LCEC said. That’s when most FPL customers should see power as well, the utility said.