Collier County storm debris pick up to begin Friday
NAPLES, Fla. Hurricane Irma-related debris pick up is scheduled to begin Friday, according to Collier County officials.
Residents are asked to follow these guidelines:
- Do not mix yard debris with household trash or construction/demolition debris.
- Do not put yard debris in bags. Only loose debris will be collected.
- Only stumps that are fully extracted and placed on the right-of-way will be collected.
- Do not mix normal yard waste with storm-related yard waste; only storm-related debris will be collected.
- Do not allow debris to go into drainage swales or driveway culverts, since that can create blockages and inhibit drainage.
- Do not put household hazardous waste on the right-of-way.
The county defines the right-of-way as the area that extends from the street to the sidewalk, ditch, utility pole or easement.
Residents without a sidewalk, ditch or utility easement should place the debris at the edge of their property before the curb, county officials said.
For more information, call 239-252-2380.