More than 220,000 in SWFL still without power
FORT MYERS, Fla. Power is still out to 229,362 customers in Southwest Florida.
Power is expected to be restored to most LCEC customers in the following areas by the end of the night on Sept. 19, the power company said on Saturday.
- North Fort Myers
- Cape Coral
- Pine Island
- Marco Island
- Everglades City
Here are the following power outage numbers for FPL customers as of 3 p.m. Saturday separated by each Southwest Florida county:
- Charlotte County: 13,820 (12 percent of customers)
- Collier County: 85,680 (41 percent of customers)
- DeSoto County: 4,030 (24 percent of customers)
- Glades County: 640 (19 percent of customers)
- Hendry County: 3,770 (39 percent of customers)
- Highlands County: 90 (15 percent of customers)
- Lee County: 72,590 (28 percent of customers)
— Florida SERT (@FLSERT) September 16, 2017
Here are the number of Lee County Electric Cooperative customers without power as of 6 p.m. Saturday, separated by area:
There were 167 Peace River Electric Cooperate customers without power as in DeSoto County as of 10:00 a.m. Saturday — 23 percent of the PRECO customers there. Another 244 PRECO customers were without power in Highlands County Friday, or 63.7 percent of the total.
Fewer PRECO customers in both counties were without power Thursday. As crews energize new sections of line, a fault in that new section may cause formerly energized areas to go out, the company said. Then crews must locate and correct the issue to restore power and move forward once again.