FORT MYERS, Fla.- The beginning of a new year is an opportunity to reevaluate, prioritize and make changes. A New Year’s Resolution is a promise we make to ourselves to do an act of self-improvement, to identify new ways to reach our personal and professional goals. Many of these resolutions revolve around fitness. Matt Smith, from FYZICAL Fitness, stopped by the studio to share some tips about setting smart, realistic fitness goals for 2017 and making them stick!
Set Smart Goals:
- Specific: “I am going to walk for 30 minutes, 3 times this week”
- Measurable: I will use an activity tracker or a fitness app on my phone to measure my performance
- Achievable: I have the time set aside and good walking shoes and my course all mapped out!
- Realistic: I am physically able to walk this distance, there is nothing standing in my way!
- Timeline: I am going to walk from 7:30 to 8:00 am on Monday, Wednesday and Friday this week!