Complaints rack up against online travel agency
FORT MYERS, Fla.- The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is issuing a new warning about JustFly.com, an online travel agency that has racked up more than 250 complaints.
The website has earned an F rating, according to BBB, for a variety of complaints including:
- Differences in the quoted price as opposed to what is actually charged on the consumer’s credit card after booking.
- Mistakes being made by booking agents, such as the name and spelling of the passenger’s name. Adjustments to the booking result in significant fees to the consumer from both the airline and JustFly.com.
- Differences in the time and date of travel from the original booking.
- Lack of email booking confirmations as promised.
- Reports of being on hold for excessive periods of time when calling into the customer service department. Some have reported being cut off after long waits.
- Being charged more for a cancellation fee than was originally quoted.
When booking online travel, BBB recommends:
- Starting your research at bbb.org. Read complaints and reviews from previous customers.
- Buy directly from the airline, hotel, or cruise line, or use a local travel agency or well-known aggregator with a good BBB rating.